media-lapdog

Monday, March 17, 2008

War Protest

I'm writing this in a friend's blog but I don't expect them to agree or even allow me to post, once they read this. That is why I'm posting the same thing in my blog. This is what I wrote,
"I know you're not going to like this but this is what I struggle with on the homefront... I want to support the troops but I can't embrace the present U.S. policies. Your blog is Wonderfully heart-warming. Well said. Hints at so much suffering through one man's plight. The Iraqi people don't want to be invaded or occupied, no one does. And what about the future safety and well-being of the American-sympathizers like Hadi when the U.S. troops withdraw? War, whether for a good cause or a foolish, misguided one, is always messy and despite the cultural exchanges always leaves behind casualties of war. I see our "Wounded Warriors" (official term) fitted with legs of titanium, hobbling away as a chorus sings much too loudly over microphones too shrill to be pleasant in the hospital courtyard. Stateside, many of us don't have Lazy-Boy recliners or haven't you heard what this war has done to our economy? We now have familiar terms such as PTSD and TBI meaning Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury. And we're now the wiser, there were no weapons of mass destruction!
I'm watching "John Adams" on TV, very inspiring and just what America should be. How did we get here from there (the War of Independence)?Peace Claire

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:08 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Thanks, Louie,
I'll check it out and I hope others do, too. In this crazy world we can all stand to look into how to relieve stress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home