media-lapdog

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Chapter 10 in which someone gets a promotione

My boss is the greatest! Pay attention World, he's a great human being who takes care of the people under him. I've been waiting for a promo for a long time. When I started off in the work world I didn't like the jobs that I went through and I just lived for the weekend, vacations, and sick days off. I honestly didn't take work seriously. But for a long time now I have been working hard without adequate compensation or recognition. Finally, I got a boss who understands me and although it took a long time for him to get to my case, he finally succeeded in pulling for me. And I was so dumb in entering my data in the computer I almost didn't get it, then, I went back and erased some of the descriptive words and it clicked. You really have to speak the right language. I have shown that I'm smart enough and capable enough just lacking in how to aggressively present myself as a woman to be taken seriously. Also, I'm smart enough not to fall head over heels in love with my boss. In addition, thank you to God and my mother. While I am not my mother's favorite she has done the best she can. Now, reason to celebrate! Woo-hoo!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home