media-lapdog

Monday, June 25, 2007

Gratitude and the Law of Averages

I used to believe in the law of averages, that if one area of life was going well, another part was absolutely miserable. I dared not be too happy, try too hard, or put myself out there for scrutiny. But, now I feel that success and happiness are easier to achieve than I ever imagined. There's a saying that 98% of life is just showing up, I think Woody Allen said that. I feel an attitude of gratitude. I am grateful for what I have and I am grateful for what I pray for. I try not to be afraid but fear keeps me from mastering this principle. All I can say is I have so much to be thankful for. I have a heart of gratitude. I could have been killed by my parents, I could have died in a car crash, I could have been killed by an abuser, I could have high blood pressure or panic attacks but instead I have gratitude. We don't know what will happen. We can not read minds, at least I can't. But we can anticipate good things to come and offer thanks.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home