media-lapdog

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorable Day Weekend

It's a lazy day in our household, in fact I'm the first one up. The phone woke me. It was a girl asking for Mr. David, I said he doesn't live here. I wondered who it was but didn't ask any questions. It may have been a telemarketer but it was too polite to be a telemarketer with the 'Mr.' My marriage to David is long over and yet I have my suspicions about David. I wonder if he met this girl while we were married, he would have had to, with this phone number. Still, it could be a telemarketer.... At any rate, it doesn't hurt and I'm not that curious about it.

The Cannes Film Festival is in the news, all the pretty pictures of all the stars. They say you can never be too thin but forgive me for saying this, Angelina Jolie looks anorexic, poor thing. She is supposed to take a year off from work to spend time with her growing young family. I hope she regains her health. The other day, 'Girl Interrupted' was on TV and I recalled just how good she was in that movie. The other cast members were good too, but Jolie was an inspiration.

This is going to be a memorable three-day weekend. I love having a job yet being off from work. I am so grateful yet sorry for the Veterans and the troops, this crazy war.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger alex said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Claire said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, testing testing one, two, three!
Gel

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Hello Gel,
Welcome. Way to go, Mate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home