media-lapdog

Saturday, January 27, 2007

He Seeks Velocity (For Dave)

He seeks velocity
And what's another word for chaos?
There's nothing wrong with that except
That he comes from disarray
And he must experience intensity
In order to feel a sense of closeness.
But, intensity should not be mistaken for
Intimacy. They're two different things.
The last time I saw him at the pub
He looked lost.
I was sending him home in a cab
And he felt far from his feelings.
He asked a question that seemed ironic, "You alright?"

2 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Eryn said...

Interesting poem. It makes me curious to know the rest of the picture, a bit like a pencil sketch with some water-color highlights. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Thanks for stopping by Eryn. I appreciate your beautiful comment. The sketch is about my ex whom I'm very ambivalent about so there's much more material there. lol.

Peace and hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home