media-lapdog

Monday, January 01, 2007

The Best New Year

So far, the new year is going very well. I don't have a hangover because I didn't drink last night. I decided to stay in because my Mom had to go to the hospital by ambulance, they won't tell me why. But when I talked with her last night, on the phone, she was home and in good spirits. She said she felt much better. Such a relief!

My diet, so far, is going well, although I feel hungry. Maybe another drink of water would help. I am on a new mission, I am giving away old clothes to the local radio station that is taking them down to Mexico to the poor people there. I have six bags already and I haven't even gotten to my son's stuff, yet. Oh, I am such a pack rat. I am terrible. I realize it when I am trying to clear stuff out! But I am giving away lots of warm and clean clothes, sweaters, sweatshirts, T-shirts that are new. I only wish that I had blankets to give them. For blankets, I think it is best to go buy a new one than to give an old one. What if the people they give it to are allergic to cats?

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! You sure are a thoughtful person. We have gone through so many of our custom school t-shirts, sweatshirts for students that are less fortunate.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Hi Spirit Mom,

I think that at this time of year there's a lot of people going through their closets just like me. Your level of involvement puts my little project to shame. I'm not into fundraising right now but you are an inspiration! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home