media-lapdog

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Arrested Development

For Christmas this year my son already gave me/us my/our Christmas present. And I love it, Season One of "Arrested Development" on DVD. I have been laughing my ass off, LOL. "Arrested Development" was one of the best sitcoms on TV. Too bad that Fox pulled the plug, but then, Fox has cancelled a lot of great shows. My son and I agree that we even like this comedy show better than "The Office," which is a present hit on TV (not on the Fox network).
Arrested deals with a rich family that has just lost everything and one of the sons, Michael (Jason Bateman) has to hold it all together. I find the dysfunction in this family so hilarious as well as the fact that you can't tell what's going to happen next. There are a lot of surprises. It also reminds me of my own dysfuncional family, with humble affection. I guess that's what's got me laughing out loud. I'm really praising this show without many specifics, but it's hard to focus when it's all good. It may not be for everyone, but I know we all have our favorite shows. Think of your favorites and you will understand. That's what I'm talkin' about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home