media-lapdog

Friday, December 15, 2006

Being back from my vacation

Took a short trip to visit with my Mom. It was nice although she was feeling sick and in the mood for a pity party, which I was not prepared to indulge. Every time she mentioned her ills I gave her sympathy but then went onto other subjects. Needless to say, our visit was mercifully short. I love my Mom but I have suffered too much at her hands. That is as far as I can go with that.

Upon our return, my son and I had to clean the house for the termite annual inspection. We have a contract with the company. Anyway, we managed to get the house looking decent but lived in, shall we say? Mail had piled up and so forth. Well, we passed the inspection and the guy, a really nice guy even asked me to call him when I get ready to sell the house.

Then noticing that I was single, said good-naturedly, "You need to get out more." As if! I wonder why some people see a woman alone and assume that she needs to be with a man. I know that men are good at fixing things and protecting. But what if being on her own is a conscious decision that a woman makes because she's just not looking for trouble? I'm not a bossy lady so I can't boss people around, that may be one of the problems. You see, I believe that women do the hunting and just make men believe it's all their idea.

Anyway, coming home is a refuge not a battleground and that's how I like it, on my own terms and on my own. Alone, not lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home