media-lapdog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rough House

At work this week, people's voices were raised to special highs and hostility was in everyone's sails. Rumors were a buzzing. I hate when people talk about other people. It's like nails on a blackboard for me. Co-workers boasted that they were funny. Ellen DeGeneres, in her stand-up act says something like, "Oh, that's not funny. See, If it were funny, we'd both be laughin'." Yes, making fun of someone is a pasttime at work. It's about as charming as herpes. And just as chronic. The ladies I work with are sassy and so I jokingly said to them, "You girls are just SO Catty. One of them said, "You're Kitty and we're Catty." I didn't get the joke, I just said, "I'm just kidding."

Wish we could all get along without being like hens who peck at each other. Poor hens, they all end up the worse for wear and they aren't treated well by their farmers, either. Don't let me get into that tonight. Music is a soothing blessing at work that filters out a lot of the negativity. That's why they say music sooths the animal spirit.

Peace,

Claire

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:58 AM, Blogger legal alien said...

Hi Claire

I hate rumors too , they cut productivity and they are a waste of time. I totally agree with everything in this post.

L.A.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

You see, you're to nice Claire! Your response should be "THAT'S NOT FUNNY SO SHUT THE F*** UP!"

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Dear Mad Cabbie,

I know you're right but that's just not me. I'm going to have to take smaller steps. I don't want to lose my job over some petty argument. And I know they gossip about everyone so I don't have proof they were talking about me when I barged in.
I 'm glad to be enrolled in your Institute because I'm learning to think on my feet. Thanks for your advice, Mad Cabbie, I'm definitely going to work F*** into my conversations! :D

Peace and hugs,

Claire

L.A.,
Thanks for your support. I don't know how people can go through the day so hostile and yet think they are just fine. It has to take its toll. I rather be free of hatred or hostility for anyone and mostly I'm pretty happy with my job.

Keep the Faith,

Claire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home