media-lapdog

Saturday, October 14, 2006

We had a power outage in our neighborhood

Last night, we had a power outage in our neighborhood and it was kind of fun going through the house with flashlights but it was scary too. Just think of all the people in the world who live without electricity at night like in Korea. Or just really poor people who have no electricity. Winter is coming and although I love this time of year it does remind me of those who are wanting. I am not affluent myself, I struggle. But I have not suffered extremely.

I saw Bono on TV, on Larry King talking about redistributing wealth and food and medicine in the world. U-2 is one of my all-time favorite groups and partly because of their politics. It is so refreshing to see and hear a celebrity talking about something that matters! I just love the celebrities who stick their necks out and talk about Darfur, War, etc. not safe causes but that's what makes these celebrities stand out as sincere and makes them loved and popular.

I went out to lunch with my friend to a Japanese & seafood buffet restaurant. After we were done feasting I thought, I don't need huge amounts of food to be satisfied and happy, it is just a treat to have abundance. But what if we could share, the way people share ideas, music and whatever they have to share that is good (not mean-spirited or evil) on the Internet? What if we could redistribute all the excess to others? Recently, former President Bill Clinton was on the Daily Show talking about how a movement that he is involved with is taking medical supplies that are perfectly good and sterile but that would ordinarily be thrown out due to regulations and is giving these supplies to doctors who in turn distribute them to other countries. Finally, a movement to do what isolated volunteers have done in the past.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger legal alien said...

Hi Claire,

I saw the Bono interview on Larry King, and he knows alot of politics esp about Africa.

darfur is a huge dilemma in the 21st century politics and international relations. I hope a solution will be found as soon as possible and both the Sudanese and the UN/USA appove of.

The Clinton movement will change the lives of millions of people esp children... I hope it will suceed.

L.A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home