media-lapdog

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

It is just like the time inbetween buying a lottery ticket(s) and learning the winning numbers. During this magic interval one is potentially a winner with millions of dollars. The time between voting and actually finding out who won and what measures passed gives one hope and faith in the system.

After voting tonight, J and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things and I decided to wear my pride on my sleeve, you know, that little red, white, and blue sticker that says "I voted" or in Spanish if you prefer "Yo Voté." I was just waiting for the dummy to come along and ask the obvious question to try to make me feel like an idiot, "Did ju vote?!!" J said, she probably didn't vote herself which makes her the more foolish of us two. I don't know why I pull peoples' legs like I do. Do I think this girl will as a result of our encounter go out and vote next time? No, not really. I yelled back, "Did YOU?????? Have a good night."

Claire

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home