media-lapdog

Sunday, December 17, 2006

10 Things That Start with B

The Letter Game--

Here's how to play: Comment and I'll give you a letter; then you have to list 10 things you love that begin with that letter. After, post this in your blog, and give out some letters of your own.

Hey Mad Cabbie in DC, so you've given me the letter B to come up with 10 of my favorite things that start with B, so here goes:

1. B as in Bed. Once when living in a rooming house with a bunch of young working girls (oops, the other kind, you know, clerks, receptionists, cashiers, and telephone operators), one night N said to a group of us sharing drinks that there's a story about the bed. In the old days, babies were born in bed with the help of a midwife. We sleep in bed, oh glorious sleep, when you can get some. Talk about gettin' some, uh-hum, that's where the ultimate pleasures are exchanged, if you get my drift. Some sit and talk on the phone, get breakfast in bed, read, get ideas, and write in bed. And hopefully, die peacefully in their sleep in bed.

2. B as in Buns. Hot Buns, that is, the kind you see on cool guys from Brad Pitt or John Legend to Morgan Freeman, they (buns) are especially hot in nice fitting jeans. Whew-hoo!!!

3. B as in Balls. I mean both kinds, first the kind that men have, thank God for men, they are such marvelous, noble creatures! (Sigh!) Second, it takes real balls to find your way in the world and do a decent job of it considering the obstacles you face. Success is not measured by what you achieve but by what you have to overcome to get there. Balls is another word for courage and courage is very sexy not to mention inspiring!

4. B as in Bread. Yes, as in feed the world... for a start. And bread as in money, which is oh so nice to have just enough of. But I think no one has just enough. I wonder who thinks more about money, the rich or the poor? I would think it is the rich and they thus can't relax and enjoy life. So sad.

5. B as in Being. Just being is the greatest gift, the gift of life and thus all there is out there and inside the self to be thankful for. Suicidal at the murder of his father, Shakespeare's Hamlet argues with himself with the words, "To be, or not to be." I want to yell, "Be! Sleep on it and you'll realize it's all too beautiful, so don't do anything rash! To be is awesome!!!!!!

6. B as in Books. Books, magazines, newspapers, or the Internet are so inviting, whatever kind is your favorite. Reading a little bit keeps the mind young and vibrant and keeps the light aglow in your eyes. So, feed that twinkle in your eyes and read something! Have fun!

7. B as in Babe. Thanks, Cabbie, for calling me Babe, and, right back at ya, Babe!!! ;D I see Babe as a term of endearment. I like being referred to as Babe every bit as much as being called Ma'am. It's all good. Many a pleasant time has been accompanied by that word, Babe!!! I mean in the good sense.

8. B as in Belong. I love the idea of belonging somewhere or among a group of friends. Sometimes that's a hard one as life is always changing and people come and go. You have to stay centered and seek out the people who are positive and are there for you. I've had a few rude awakenings in life, when I felt cut-off but I soon found a new path, and new friends. Keep working at it, belonging is always a work in progress.

9. B as in Boca. Cabbie, I have to agree with you--boca means mouth in Spanish--a nice smile makes a great impression. Also the mouth can be used to form words that bring peace among people instead of conflict and strife. Remember, Jesus said something like this is my temple, you must defend it from defilement. This to some, means to stand up and speak up for yourself when you are being insulted, but do it in a humorous or tactful way. If that does not work and they don't pay attention to la boca, then remove your bod. I can't help but open my big mouth about what is going on in Darfur, in Africa, right now and the government of the US and A is too busy destroying the country of Iraq to be able to afford an intervention in Darfur. There, I've said it. Read my lips, President Bush and Congress!

10. B as in "Skin and Bones," by the Foo Fighters. Furthermore, I like smooth skin and nice bone structure. Hope that doesn't come off as too superficial.

That's my short list. I'm sure there are some great ones that I missed. =)

Peace and Hugs,

Claire

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

That was a graet list Claire and I am glad you like it when I call you babe BABE, sometimes chics get offended when they are addressed in that manner, it's good that you are not a stuck up girl! and I like #8 the way you talked about BELONG, that's cool and of course I admire your appreciation of our balls Claire. Most chics find those balls ugly at least that's what they tell me...

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Hey Cabbie,

It's so great that you took the time to actually read my list. I don't know what it is about you but you make me want to be very open and honest and enjoy it. I tried this game but I am usually not good at games. Thanks for your feedback. You made this great fun! I thought your list was awesome!!!

Peace and Hugs,

Claire

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

The feeling is mutual!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home