media-lapdog

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Breakfast Anyone?

Last night, I went grocery shopping while hungry, not a good idea. I was in the store for almost two hours and a few times I thought I was being watched by security as I kept going back to the same aisle, for instance, trying to find sugar-free, Pistachio instant pudding or fresh pommegranates. I was very creative and bought a lot of diet food like fresh vegetables and fruit, now that I'm home for a week or so to cook. I tried but couldn't find any barley for making soup from scratch. I did find a Czech beer on sale, Pilsner Urquell; I hit the jackpot. Nothing like cooking with spirits to inspire you. Or just plain, sitting back with a good beer. I spent $183.00!!!! All I can say is that it better last a long time, my kitchen and refrigerator are stuffed to the gills! LOL!

What is your favorite breakfast? I even have croissants, cage-free eggs, cereal, juice....

From the kitchen, Peace and Hugs,

Claire

4 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Eryn said...

Claire,
I cooked breakfast for Wesley this morning. We had bacon, biscuits and honey, and hot tea. We were going to have fried eggs as well, but I melted my only spatula on the first batch of bacon.
Like I told Wesley, I'm just getting the kinks out before we get married.
Merry Christmas!!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Eryn,

Oh, that is just too funny! But, sounds delish just the same. Merry Christmas to you and Wesley!!

Joy, Peace, and Hugs,

Claire

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

I am going to stop by and have that Pilsner Urquell with you!

my fav breakfast has to be a spicy sunny side up with home fries & onions on the side...bad bad bad!

Have a lovely holiday.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Hey Mad Cabbie,

You're always invited!!!

I'd like your fav breakfast, I'm sure, because I like my eggs sunny side up, with potatoes O'Brien which is hash browns cooked with chopped green peppers and onion. And I definitely like spicey food.

Have a lovely Holiday, too, Cabbie!!!

Joy, Peace, and Hugs,

Claire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home