media-lapdog

Saturday, January 13, 2007

I get an import CD - ecstacy

I make an addition to my music collection, always a happy event. Does anyone agree that Imports are usually worth the price since they are far superior to the usual run of the mill recordings? This CD is AMAZING, YEAH!!!!!!!! Try an import, it's like the difference between domestic and imported beer. Wine is different, because when they have a bad year in France they ship over vines from the US and vice versa so you can no longer say that imported wines are better than domestic, across the board. This music is kickass, I am having such a good time listening to it. Here's to your favorite music. Oh, an please read the bulletin about Snow Patrol making top album of the year on itunes. And of course, the amazing Pete Tong's bulletin. Over in Europe and in other countries electronic dance music is so big you would not believe!

4 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

From my import collections I think "Bonney M" tops the list, I have been listening to their tunes for ever and never get tired of it.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Cabbie,

I'd never heard of Bonney M but I went on youtube.com and gave a listen and was inspired. They are awesome!!!! An Import like that is really worth the extra expense and trouble to find them.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

Did you check out "Rasputin"? That's one of my Boney M favs!!!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Cabbie,
As a matter of fact, once you mentioned it, I did check it out and they are all decked out in fur coats--I still wonder if they were warm enough because it gets pretty cold in Russia! The video itself is awesome! Their voices are so great, the beat is wonderful, and the whole production is remarkable!!!!! They even got the history right. Rasputin was such a huge, tough guy that when they tried to poison him he just didn't die so they had to shoot him full of holes before he would die!!! And it says so in the song. I like that attention to detail and to getting it right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home