media-lapdog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

So, how about those Live Earth Concerts?

I personally thought that the Live Earth Concerts and festivities all over the globe this last weekend were so good and very hopeful. Imho, the collective event was an awesome undertaking, what an acheivement! I didn't actually attend but I watched on TV and some of the acts that I caught were down right show stoppers despite the fact that it seemed like the performers were sweatin' like a sauna because of the heatwave, I guess driving home the point of global warming by coincidence.

Let me see if I can remember all the celebs:
Al Gore, Leo DiCaprio, Cameron Diaz, Will Ferrell, Kevin Bacon, Zach Braff, Rachel Weisz, Jane Goodall, Rosario Dawson, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., Dave Matthews Band, Duran Duran, Linkin Park, Smashing Pumpkins, The Police, the Foo Fighters, Jack Johnson, UB40, the Beastie Boys, Bon Jovi, Madonna, Pussycat Dolls, John Mayer, Crowded House, AFI, Black-Eyed Peas, Sarah Brightman, Enrique Iglecias, Fallout Boy, John Legend and Red Hot Chili Peppers. Those are only the ones I recognize.

I took the pledge and I plan to take my own grocery bags to the market, to change my lightbulbs and to turn lights off when not in the room, to buy a hybrid car for my next vehicle, when the time comes to put my present little car out to pasture.

I do urge all riders on this ride that is falling through space at the same time that it is orbiting the sun to take a step that will not cost a dime but will involve a simple lifestyle change, like biking or walking rather than taking the car or like carpooling to work, riding the bus. Would you consider preparing foods that don't come in lots of packaging? I hope that more people will take the pledge to call on our governments, to make changes, and to think positive that we CAN make a difference. Take Al Gore's pledge!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home