media-lapdog

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I Get A Haircut

I was agonizing over whether or not to cut my hair and I finally did it. I was lucky and it turned out really cute.

Today I had some blood drawn. The most painful part is the bill and the idea that I somehow need all that blood that they took from me.
My doctors know me intimately. They know everything from my blood glucose level to my cholesterol to my HIV status, all not too bad I should point out but things could be better!
I was in my other doctor’s office this morning--not the Egyptian lady physician--when I realized that my hair looked like a hornet’s nest. He has a big, beautiful mirror by the door. So, after I left his office, I went to get my blood drawn and then stopped by Panda Express, which J says a lot of people don’t like because they are too expensive and their food’s too greasy. Later in the afternoon, after I let the kitty out for an hour I went and had my hair cut. The girl who cut my hair was really nice and had a cute short cut so I asked her if she’d mind cutting my hair kind of like hers. She did a great job; I really like the finished product but I don’t think it looks anything like hers. At any rate, I’m not complaining; on the contrary, I’m very happy. Another big change is I’m going to stop coloring my hair black.

5 Comments:

At 1:52 AM, Blogger legal alien said...

Hi Claire,

Congrats for the new haircut , and I hope all the blood tests will turn out to be fine.

L.A.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger legal alien said...

congrats for becoming a user of beta blogger.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Hi L.A.,
When I was waiting to get my blood drawn I was singing to myself, "Oh, you keep a me waiting, all of the time, what can I do?" by the Kinks I don't know if you know that song Keep me waiting by the Kinks. Anyway, my doctor said to get my blood drawn exactly 12 hours after my last pill the night before so he could get the level of this certain pill in my system. Well, I'm afraid it will be unnaturally low because these lab people took so long in getting to me. They can't help it either, they've got things to do but my doctor's going to be ticked off. oh well. I can always take the darn thing over again.

Yes, yes, I think I look a little more polished with the haircut. It's a good thing. Glad I finally took the plunge. (((Hug))) for the congrats. Thanks.

I'm glad I'm a beta blogger. Is it working better now, do you think? I haven't tried any of the new features but the added security sounds really good to me so Cheers!

Hasta luego chico,

Claire

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Hope said...

Hello,
thank you for reading my stories.. and giving me your feedback..
so you cut your hair.. glad you like it.. its nice to change things once in awhile.. my hair looks like I just walked out the bush.. "grins".. most times.. haven't got the nerve to cut it.. should.. someday.. maybe??
Hope the blood tests turn out ok.. I had to go in for some blood work myself..not a nice thing.. but..?
hope your day is soft.. Hugs ~Hope
p.s
I read your post back at Essence about your tires first being stollen then your car?? and here I am complaining of a cd's and the face place off the CD being stolen..
we are tested huh..

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Claire said...

Hi Hope,

I think your hair looks beautiful, so why change it? Hope your blood work goes well, too.

When we are the victim of a crime we feel violated somehow, I know it doesn't help to say I was robbed, too, but maybe it will help you not to feel like the lone ranger. You're a special, wonderful person--I think all of Gelert's friends are and you're a gifted writer as well. Thanks for visiting and Hugs likewise! Have a wonderful, soft day.

Claire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home