media-lapdog

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Signage

Signs are an ingenius device to give warning or to entice customers. But they don't, for instance, keep people who have a mind to from off-roading on the cliffs of the Hawaiian Islands! Like some people who like to search newspapers for misprints or other wording that should not be taken literally, I like signs that are amusing and often confusing as well.

I used to pass a white building with red and blue signs on it that read, "Nothing over 99 cents, and up!" There was a banner outside a local cafe which had the most unusual motto, "Fun every five minutes!" So, inbetween, I guess people weren't having fun? I'm sorry they took that sign down. Then there's a combination of signs on a road I often drive. One sign says, "No Passing" another says, "Pass on Left."

Jamaican road signs have to take the cake though. A road sign for a two-lane road going up a hill warns people not to pass other drivers with "A quick overtaking may lead to your undertaking." I am curious if anyone else has encountered a funny sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home