media-lapdog

Saturday, July 29, 2006

It cools off a bit

I went out this morning and found that it was lightly raining. Finally, the weather has cooled off. I just hope that it doesn't get real humid and steamy in the coming week. The other day, it was so hot that when I got out of my car my glasses fogged up so that I had to take them off in order to see where I was going.
I had a strange dream. I had been averaging five hours of sleep per night due to listenning to Loveline on the radio Sundays-Thursdays until I felt so weak that I found myself nodding off in front of my computer both at work and at home. I think I woke up at 5:00 a.m. as usual to feed the cat and give him fresh water but I can't be sure so later when I went into the kitchen and he begged again with a very convincing "meow," I fed him again just to be on the safe side. He didn't finish his food so I guess I had fed him. Oh well, better safe than sorry. I think it was Buddha who said, "It is better to be the one who is fooled than the one who fools." Do you hear that, kitty?
I have very vivid dreams, especially when I haven't had much good ole r.e.m. sleep in awhile. When I awoke I didn't know what day of the week it was and I shot up in bed and thought oh my God, I have to call in to work and tell them I'm on my way! Then I thought, "no, today is not a work day but I have agreed to meet someone for coffee and I'm running late!" I'm not a high maintenance person but it sure takes me a long time to get ready.
I had to cut corners, a little less mascara, leave the towel on the chair, drastic measures like that. Anyways, I made it just a little late but not bad.
I related my dream to W saying I found myself sharing a small dormitory with the girls in my last Honors class and they had to get together and tell me that I had used too much closet space and they didn't have anywhere to put their clothes so I discovered a spare room next door but they nixxed that idea. I said well I'll take my clothes out of all the closets and hang them all up in one closet with that new system of flat hangers as seen on the QVC shopping channel. As I went through the closets they were all arranged with jewelry and storage baskets and all manner of designs. I knew they were not mine, but each was like a "myspace" on the Internet. Finally, I got to mine and rearranged the clothes and things to fit. For some reason we had one of those rotating chains like they hang the clothes on in the dry cleaners and we all hung our dresses, jackets, and jeans on it. I had an uneasy feeling like I had overstepped my bounds, and yet, once I looked in all the closets I really didn't have my clothes in anyone else's closet, they just thought I did. I think the dry cleaner chain thing was for the clothes, our best stuff, or the face that we show to the world or to each other and the clothes in the closet are what we keep to ourselves. I didn't say much in that class but I got an A and that made me happy. My first paper in that class received a C so I was a little scared. It was a type of subject I'd never taken before and I did well, I think. Though I found it hard to speak to the others. There were only ten people in the class and the teacher and she and they were all open-minded. I was just so shy!

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger legal alien said...

hi Claire , i understood the first section of the post it was really good , but i was lost in the dream
i couldn't understand the conclusion of it . its ironic that my university major is psychology!!!

- Ammar

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Ammar,
I apologize. It really is confusing. I really did take a writing class and there were about 10 people in the class and the teacher. I was very proud of the grade I got but sorry that I didn't talk much except when I was reading one of my papers. Now, the girls in the "real life" class were in my dream. It is very awkward, the way I wrote it. I still don't know if I explained it adequately. I think it's very interesting that your major is psychology! It is a very necessary profession in these times we live in!!!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger legal alien said...

Claire,

Thanks its much clearer now.

Ammar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home