media-lapdog

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Trying Too Hard

I am bound and determined to do a good job at work and so I get into this overdrive frame of mind where I brainstorm everything, applying all that I know to life's every problem. But while my mind is engaged, thinking my wheels are on full spin, my body has already called it a day and gone home. So, I come out with politically incorrect comments. Someone said the other day that "politically incorrect" is an old, tired term, but I feel it's timely with all the politically incorrect things I hear on the news. My boss let me go home early on Friday. If he hadn't I would have gone home sick. That is how tired I am. I also am not sleeping well, not getting to bed early due to this heat and worrying about work, and other aspects of my life.

With Bush in charge, I worry that the mess in the Middle East will unravel into WWIII. I worry about the people of Darfur, the Sudan, I worry about North Korea, I worry about all the fires raging across the country, and I worry about this heatwave that has come to stay. It reminds me of a "Twilight Zone" episode in which the Earth is approaching the sun. Robert Frost said the World will end in Fire or in Ice.

I'm usually good at expressing myself. Why am I blogging the wrong thing when I mean to say the right thing, the polite thing, the encouraging thing, the kind thing, the amusing thing? True this blogging is new to me. At work, however, I answer a hundred e-mails a day with no problem.

1 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Blogger legal alien said...

A v good blog and welcome to the world of blogging

 

Post a Comment

<< Home