media-lapdog

Friday, August 04, 2006

In Praise of Club Soda

First of all, I want to say that there is no such thing as "bad karma," just your teachers are all around you. And people on Earth all being students, all are learning the same lesson so don't take joy in the misfortune of another for it is the other side of your own coin. The same goes for one who thinks he or she is holier than thou, for that's another two-sided coin. And don't harbor jealousy for those who seem to have more, for it is true, less is more! I'll get to Club Soda in a minute, please bear with me.

That being said, I have bad line karma, bad popularity karma, and bad stain karma. First, by bad line karma I mean that I always have picked the slowest moving line I can find. If there is one person left in line at the cashier, and I go and get in that line, the person is trying to pass counterfeit bills, does not understand the language, price check, or for some other reason they have to call the manager, who is nowhere to be found. It doesn't work to get in the longest line, either. I'll explain; I have bad line karma.

Second, I seem to have bad popularity karma. Although I try to keep my trap shut most of the time, I still manage to tick people off who have an axe to grind. I try to see everyone's side of the story, but I secretly harbor my own thoughts and opinions which seem to collide with those of others. For instance, show of hands, who still thinks the presidency was stolen from the Democrats? Most have forgotten about that for thinking of how bad things have deteriorated.
That was a joke. But it goes to show how obnoxious I can get. Oh, and just when I start dressing nice for work, I decide to buy a couple of expensive jeans and wear nothing else to work, not a good example or image. And for some, image is everything. Popularity? Not interested. Been there done that, got the T-shirt. Boo! My bad!

I was born with the bad stain karma, but where most outgrow this tendency, I never did. I always manage to get a stain on my clothes. For instance, you have fruits and vegetables which are loaded with vitamins and water or juice. Where the beautiful Princess Maxima Zorreguieta could hypothetically eat a big plate of spaghetti and drink a bright red wine and not get a spot on herself, I on the other hand, goob on myself no matter how careful I am. That is just what people with bad stain karma do, as the saying can be applied here. "That's just what we do." (at this point I'm being sarcastic, but wait, I get genuine)

The third thing changed, oh man, did it! For the better since I first tried Club Soda. I love this stuff. It is probably good to drink but I'm too busy pouring it on my blouses. And add salt, I'm not talking about Margaritas here. Problem solved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home