media-lapdog

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Legal Alien and Immoral Majority, I appreciate your comments. Here is the complete sonnet:
"The New Collosus"by: Emma Lazarus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame,
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips.
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

3 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger legal alien said...

Claire ,

my friend that had a horrible relationship with her bf , broke up with him last night, i am so happy for her

Ammar

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Hi Ammar,

I came home from a long day to find more good news from you!
I am happy for your friend, too! At this time, the bf may not want to lose her so she must be very careful to stay out of his way and not go meet him somewhere alone. I don't want to scare you or her but, Terrible things can happen to the gf of an abusive guy when she tries to leave. I hope I'm wrong. Anyway, things seem to be looking up!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger legal alien said...

hey Claire ,

my friend gita told me she wont see him again and the good thing he is not in any of her classes this year bc he is in a art program and we are in science.

Ammar

 

Post a Comment

<< Home